lemon herb chicken
Once upon a time, we went to Cheesecake Factory and ordered their lemon herb half chicken. We loved it so much that my husband came home and worked on replicating it. With the exception of the rotisserie skins, he nailed it. Now we typically make this chicken as part of a weekly meal. In other words, we LOVE this recipe in our household!
Tools: meat thermometer, glass pan (9×13 or 8×8)
- thawed chicken (we prefer boneless skinless thighs)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tsp salt (should taste salty- it tames once cooked on chicken)
- 1-2 TBS italian herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make enough marinade to spread over all the chicken and fill the base of your pan about 1 cm deep. Thaw chicken, and pan seer with olive oil and salt (optional). Spread in pan so chicken is not piled (can be slightly overlapping). Pour marinade over chicken.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 15-20 minutes until internal temp of chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Enjoy with a vegetable side! We like pouring some of the marinade from the pan over our chicken and veggies once served on our plate.